IODA is currently looking to fill the position of VICE PRESIDENT: MEMBERSHIP & COMMUNICATIONS. Please read through the below information about IODA and the specifics of the role.
The deadline to send nominations is 21 May 2022.
Please send your submission to:
- James Eckley – email@example.com
- Vinaya Shetty – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enrique Zaldivar – email@example.com
In the submission candidates must summarize their suitability and plans of action for the portfolio indicating why they want to run and confirm the understanding and acceptance of the election time line and EC roles.
The application must include:
- A filled in nomination form to nominate a fellow member.
- A digital photo
- A motivation letter
- A 2-minute Video
- Two endorsements or recommendations from other IODA members
INTRODUCTION TO IODA
What is IODA and what does it stand for?
The International Organization Development Association (IODA) is a non-profit membership organization and an international network of Organizational Development professionals, consultants, practitioners and social scientists. This non-profit association has members from many countries that initiate and support organizational change processes all over the world. IODA is dedicated to supporting and strengthening OD principles at the international level through research, academic OD programs, peer mentoring and coaching, networking and sharing of knowledge, international projects, and cultural interchange.
What is IODA’s purpose?
The purpose of IODA is to build a global community of OD professionals committed to inspiring learning and change around the world, unleashing human potential in organizations and communities.
IODA is home to one the most diverse networks of OD practitioners, academics, students and those facilitating positive change in the world. We are committed to our mission of co-creating a truly global OD community. Our strength comes from our ability to create warm, welcoming, engaging and stimulating spaces for all of our members, both in person at our conferences and virtually. IODA achieves this through sharing resources and sharpening OD practices, cultivating relationships and our global network, and offering space and co-creating opportunities.
What are the general commitments of members of the board?
The primary function of elected members of the board is to support the association in fulfilling its vision and mission in accordance with the bylaws and the decisions of the member meetings. The board member is responsible for the implementation of initiatives in their portfolio, working with the operational team and volunteers as well as implementing an international and multicultural vision that reflects the interests and desires of OD practitioners worldwide.
- The Board member’s term of office is three years, beginning two weeks following the posting of the election results. There may be a period of hand-over until the annual conference.
- The Board member commits to attend the board meeting held annually preceding the annual world conference (in the case of a physical conference) and the web-meetings held monthly
- The Board member commits to lead working committees during the year and participating in general e-mail discussions as they arise.
The VP of Membership & Communications is responsible for creating a positive, energizing, cross-cultural vision of the membership experience, in collaboration with the Executive Committee. The role has tremendous scope for creativity and innovation and includes some of the following responsibilities:
- Recruiting and working with a volunteer task force aimed at enhancing the global member experience
- Bringing in new members and retaining existing members
- Energizing virtual connectivity
- Elevating the visibility of IODA throughout the world
- Cocreating impactful communication for various initiatives of IODA
- Ensuring that a standard of member communications is always maintained
- Effectively utilising the various communication tools available online and furthering the brand of IODA through various platforms.
- Enabling progress in one of the five major steps of IODA’s strategy: “Co-Creating a Strong Virtual Community”
- Establishing goals and implementing cross-cultural, global strategies for recruiting and retaining membership in collaboration with the EC, operations team (including Marketing and Communications Specialist) and the volunteer task force
- Energizing the conversation, connectivity, mutual support and cross-fertilization of the global OD community through our website: iodanet.org as well as social media, e.g., Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, etc.
- Energizing the global member experience
- Collaborating with and supporting the work of the Executive Committee
- Serving as representative for IODA
- Strong leadership qualities
- Demonstrated ability to work skillfully with a team
- Passion for engaging and connecting people
- Demonstrated commitment to the mission of IODA and its culture.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate
- Comfortable with the tools & technologies, to explore the possibilities of social media and tools for virtual connectivity
- Fluency in English (written & oral)
- Ideally, experience in membership management, communications and marketing
- Ideally, well-connected in the OD & HR community
Please note IODA may consider separating the roles into VP of Membership and a VP of Communications should there be candidates with specific expertise in either of these two that prefer to focus on one area.
IODA will soon be opening up elections for for the following roles:
- General Vice President
- VP Affiliation & Partnerships (a new portfolio)
- VP Special Projects (a new portfolio)
More details to follow.