There are multiple ways you can get involved in the Conference:
You are invited to share with us some of the exciting things you are doing that are relevant to the broad themes of the conference. These sessions are intended to advance our thinking and understanding of issues relating to the theme and provide an opportunity for sharing amongst the participants of the sessions as well as with the session leaders.
Please read the below to ensure you follow the conference guidelines.
Should you be interested in leading a session, you will need to complete a concurrent session application form.
- Submit your ideas on what you would like to talk about, how you will engage with the group and what outcomes you anticipate achieving
- Complete the conference session outline and please be specific about the timing of your proposed session
- We will respond to your outline and let you know if it has been successful in being allocated a spot
Workshop: Professionals sharing their experiences, approaches, techniques, skills. This is a workshop format, providing participants with the opportunity to learn, practice and discuss.
Case study: A current example of work done with a client, group or organisation that will provide insight into our OD practice.
Research: Present a paper on current research.
Pitch: Concurrent sessions are intentionally non-commercial. If you intend to pitch / promote / sell then your session will not be selected and is best placed as a pre-conference offering.
FORMAT OF SESSIONS
- Each session will be 2 hours in duration.
- Sessions will be capped at 25 participants per session due to room capacity. If numbers exceed this cap, there is capacity in the schedule for the session to be repeated, depending on the session speaker agreement and demand.
- A conference support person will introduce the session and wrap it up, so 5 minutes at the beginning and end needs to be factored into your planning, with an additional 5 minutes for getting people settled in. So in total, plan your session to be maximum 1 hour and 45 minutes in length. 2 hours is broken down as follows:
- 5 minutes for settling in, making introductions by the session chair
- 1:45 minutes for the topic presentation, interaction activity, questions
- 5 minutes for session chair to wrap up
- Availability of powerpoint, flipcharts, whiteboards in every concurrent session room.
- Sessions are run concurrently so people will sign up for a session in the morning and afternoon of Day 1 and 3
CONCURRENT SESSION TIMETABLE
The timetable will be available on the website so you can clearly see how concurrent sessions fit into the overall conference program. Sessions will be allocated to concurrent session speakers by the conference committee.
REQUIREMENT OF SESSION SPEAKERS
Concurrent sessions are only available to conference participants as we seek to build a community of practice at these conferences, sharing information amongst those at the conference. To be considered, conference registration and payment must be completed.
Please submit your session through the following application form.
Would you like to volunteer your time to help out with the logistics before and during the conference? We are actively looking for more hands. Please reach out via the application form below.
Prior to the conference we will be providing delegates with an opportunity to meet fellow attendees in an afternoon dedicated to fostering meaningful relationships while engaging with the captivating surroundings of Geelong and its rich history. There is also an opportunity for participants to run learning sessions. (Room hire for learning sessions is an additional cost view price estimates here. Applications to run a pre-conference learning session close on July 31st.
Click and fill out the form to get involved